Young Scientist Seat on Committee for one year
The BSAC susceptibility testing standing committee supports the development and implementation of high-quality antimicrobial susceptibility testing across the UK and Europe.
The committee aims to:
- Develop methods of testing in response to changes in susceptibility, new antimicrobial agents and new resistance mechanisms.
- Collaborate with others at an international level in harmonising European MIC breakpoints and approaches to antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
- Provide information needed by EUCAST for the development of MIC breakpoints at epidemiological, pharmacodynamic and clinical levels.
- Publish annual updates of the BSAC susceptibility testing recommendations.
- Provide educational support by organising User Group meetings two residential workshops each year.
- Support microbiologists by providing timely responses to questions related to antimicrobial susceptibility testing and the management of patients (via email, telephone etc.)
- Undertakes research and development projects related to the development of antimicrobial susceptibility testing methods as appropriate
There now exists an opportunity for a young scientist (see criteria below) to join the committee members for one year. The appointee will participate in all committee meetings for one year, contribute to the discussion and decisions of the group and have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills for antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
Young scientist criteria:
- Be a member of the BSAC
- Age ≤40yrs
- Previously completed either clinical or BioMedical Scientist training
- An interest in antimicrobials / antimicrobial susceptibility testing
- Time commitment for meetings of 1 day four times a year, plus 10-20 hours for supporting work.
Please send your expression of interest via a cover letter and a short Curriculum Vitae to Dr Mandy Wootton: email@example.com by Friday 28 April 2017.
The successful candidate will be selected by a ballot of the Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Standing Committee members.