Stewardship & Surveillance
BSAC has initiated and is supporting the following national programmes to support the measurement of antibiotic resistance, antibiotic consumption, the provision of antimicrobial therapy out of hospital settings:
- Resistance Surveillance Programme
- Susceptibility Testing Methodology
- Surveillance of Antimicrobial Consumption
- National Point Prevalence Survey System
- Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy Initiative
- National OPAT Outcomes Registry
Some of the above programmes are working with international partners and some of the programmes have international applicability. If you are interested in exploring implementing any of the above initiatives outside of the United Kingdom, please contact Tracey Guise, Chief Executive Officer.
BSAC is working with a range of educational, federal and scientific stakeholders to deliver training on antimicrobial stewardship across the globe. Below are three examples of our work in this area.
- Massive Open Online Course on Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Gulf GCC Stewardship Training
- New Delhi Stewardship Training
If you are interested in supporting or working with BSAC on international initiatives please contact Tracey Guise, Chief Executive Officer.