A Practical Guide to Advancing IV Therapy
Including improving quality and safety through effective IV Therapy at home (OPAT)
Friday 15 September 2017, London
Chaired by Nicola York, Board Member, NIVAS & Clinical Nurse Manager Vascular Access, John Radcliffe Hospital this one day national conference focuses on advancing IV Therapy including implementing the revised RCN Standards for Infusion Therapy and monitoring adherence to the NICE Guideline and Quality Standards for IV Therapy. The conference will provide practical guidance for improving quality and safety of inpatient IV Therapy and delivering effective IV therapy at home (OPAT).
The conference will provide an opportunity to:
- understand the latest evidence in IV Therapy including innovations, developments and research
- share experiences and learning with other colleagues around advancing IV Therapy Practice
- self assess and improve your local guidance for delivering IV Therapy
- understand the implications of the revised RCN guidance, and adherence to the NICE National Quality Standard
- explore best practice with regard to developing an IV fluid management plan for every patient
- facilitate the effective training of Junior Doctors in Fluid Balance and Prescribing of IV Fluids
- understand how to effectively set up and deliver effective OPAT services including avoiding hospital admission by providing IV Therapy treatment within a patient’s home, developing the competence and skills of the OPAT team, and understanding and reflecting on decision making with regard to patient suitability and referral criteria for OPAT
- learn from IV therapy incidents and improve your skills in the investigation of IV therapy incidents through an extended barrister facilitated session
For further information visit the conference website.
Follow the conference on Twitter @HCUK_Clare #IVTherapy
BSAC Members will receive a 20% discount, use code hcuk20bsac or contact Kerry Tarrant at email@example.com