A Practical Guide to Advancing IV Therapy Including improving quality and safety through effective IV Therapy at home (OPAT)
12 May 2017, De Vere West One Conference Centre, London
Special 20% discount* for BSAC members by quoting hcuk20ins when booking online or by emailing Jayne@hc-uk.org.uk.
This one day national conference focuses on advancing IV Therapy including implementing the December 2016 revised RCN Standards for Infusion Therapy and monitoring adherence to the NICE Guideline and Quality Standards for IV Therapy. The conference will focus on improving quality and safety of both inpatient IV Therapy and delivering effective IV therapy at home (OPAT).
Sessions will focus on:
- national developments looking at how IV therapy is evolving
- developing an IV fluid management plan for every patient
- reducing complications and investigation of IV Therapy incidents.
- an extended focus on out patient access to intravenous therapy (OPAT) covering:
– Developing effective out patient access to intravenous therapy – OPAT
– Setting up and running effective OPAT Services including competence and skills
– OPAT Case Study: Patient suitability and referral criteria for OPAT
OPAT service allows inpatients receiving intravenous antibiotics to be discharged early from hospital. Patients who are eligible for this service go home after receiving their last inpatient dose of antibiotics. The antibiotics they would have received whilst in hospital are then administered regularly by a nurse at the patient’s home thus reducing bed days and risk of infection, and improving care for patients.
To view the conference flyer, please click here.
For further information or to book your place please visit the conference website by clicking here.