BSAC Residential Workshops for EUCAST Susceptibility Testing 2019
University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
The BSAC will be holding a three day practical workshop at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff aimed at those wishing to gain practical experience of the EUCAST methodology.
After this course you will:
• Have knowledge of EUCAST standardised disc testing methods
• Have an overview of other susceptibility testing methods
• Be updated on new EUCAST guidelines:
– Clear understanding of redefining the Intermediate category & Area of Technical Uncertainty (ATU)
– Have an understanding of how to test & interpret difficult organisms
• Be able to detect important antimicrobial resistance mechanisms:
– Have understanding of how EUCAST clinical breakpoints are developed
– Be able to solve QC susceptibility testing problems
• Be able to improve local susceptibility reporting
• Have an overview on new susceptibility testing technology
Every effort will be made to address the concerns of individual laboratories and ample time will be made for discussion. The course is RCPath CPD accredited. The course is majority funded by the Society. The registration fee is £750.00 (plus VAT) per delegate. This fee includes two nights’ accommodation with breakfast, course lunches, welcome dinner on first evening, tuition fees, university laboratory fees and transfers from Cardiff city centre to the University Hospital of Wales campus at specified times as indicated on the course programme.
For information regarding the Standardized Susceptibility Testing Method please contact:-
Lead Scientist, Specialist Antimicrobial Chemotherapy Unit
Public Health Wales
University Hospital of Wales
Cardiff CF14 4XW
T: +44 (0)29 2074 6581
Please forward these details on to colleagues who may also be interested in attending the Residential Workshop.