BSAC Standardized Susceptibility Testing Residential Workshop 2017
University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
11 – 13 April 2017
The BSAC will be holding a three day practical workshop at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff aimed at those wishing to gain practical experience of the EUCAST methodology.
After this course you will:
- Have knowledge of EUCAST standardised disc testing methods
- Have an overview of other susceptibility testing methods
- Have an understanding of how to test difficult organisms
- Be able to solve susceptibility testing problems
- Be able to improve local susceptibility reporting
- Be able to detect common antimicrobial resistance mechanisms
- Have an overview on new technology in microbiology
- Be updated on new EUCAST guidelines
Every effort will be made to address the concerns of individual laboratories and ample time will be made for discussion.
The course is IBMS and FRCPath CPD accredited.
The course is majority funded by the Society. The registration fee is £495.00 + VAT per delegate. This fee includes two nights accommodation with breakfast, course lunches, welcome dinner on first evening, tuition fees, university laboratory fees and transfers from Cardiff city centre to the University Hospital of Wales campus at specified times as indicated on the course programme.
Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing User Days 2017
8 June (London)
4 October (York)
The User Days are designed to compliment the EUCAST disk diffusion method, with the aim of providing additional UK specific advice. The day will also address any concerns delegates may have with adoption of the new EUCAST method and any problems which laboratories have experienced.
To view the agenda, please click here.